Over the years of its existence (actually since 1992), the activities of International and Regional Cultural Affairs Centre, which became a legal successor of the Directorate of the International Music Festival of the Asia-Pacific Region, were being organized in the following directions:
- Implementation of socially significant projects with the participation of foreign ensembles and performers on the territory of Krasnoyarsk and Krasnoyarsk Region;
- Organizational support for participation of Krasnoyarsk cultural and art workers in festivals, exhibitions and concerts abroad;
- Promoting creative and professional growth of young musicians, artists and performers through the organization of their participation in international competitions, seminars, symposia, master classes, etc.;
- Promoting of international experience in the sphere of contemporary art management.
The extensive list of completed projects and the solid list of state and private partners among which Russian and foreign cultural and public organizations, private individuals, which in one form or another, support international cultural cooperation, have become the result of the 20-years activities of the Centre.
The activities of the Centre mainly contributed to the development of the culture of Krasnoyarsk Region, which is resulted in the awards and prizes received by ensembles at international competitions:
Capriccio Choir - gold diploma and second prize of the World Choir Olympics (Austria 2000);
Ballet of Valery Tereshkin - Silver Leo Prize of the International Ballet Competition (Mexico, 2001);
Organist A. Bardin - Hope of the Fatherland Prize of the International Organ Competition (Kaliningrad, 2001).
At the same time thanks to the efforts of the Centre both Russian and foreign organizations, involved in establishing cultural contacts, show the interest in ensembles of our city and Krasnoyarsk Region.
Completed projects cover all spheres of culture and arts: music, theater, cinema, art. Special attention is paid to bilateral relations, providing long-term cooperation and sharing of funding.
Due to the ever-increasing interest of creative and art workers of Krasnoyarsk Region in contacts with foreign colleagues International and Regional Cultural Affairs Centre suggests expanding its activities.
In terms of geography, priority activities are:
- Broadening of cultural relations in the Asia-Pacific Region;
- Establishing closer contacts with colleagues from Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.